Monday, February 16, 2015

Mondays.


Awakening
      I love Mondays. I love fresh starts and new beginnings. Yesterday a friend asked for the link to my blog. I write this for me. It has been very cool to see people all over the world read it. In the end this is my therapy. I realized after I sent the link that I had not touched it in months so I cleaned it up a bit and wrote something new. In the process I read the entire blog from start to finish and then went to sleep. I woke up feeling refreshed and alive! I realized that as difficult as the past two months have been I am only making it more difficult for myself by playing pretend. I am not a sales woman. I do not enjoy the game. 
     Sometimes the best thing in life we can do for ourselves is to acknowledge what we are not!  I can sell. I can lead. I can make a living doing what I am doing. I am cheating my heart by continuing to do this.
     I am a counselor. Long before college and degrees and training I was always the counselor, the caretaker, the one everyone turned to for advice. This is what made my heart happy. This is what I must do again. So today I make a promise to myself. Today I will begin the journey back into counseling and running support groups. I will even begin to figure out a way to go back and finish my masters degree so that I can continue my journey. Today I will be me. What better week to make a life decision. My birthday is this week and I believe birthdays are a start of the new year. I do not make resolutions on New Years Eve. I make them on my day. Birthday resolutions are purposeful, meaningful, private and a birthday is a reminder that life is about changing and growing. What will you do this year? Life is short. Make your years count for something good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment