Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hibernation

Baby it's Cold Outside 

     I love being outside. Fall is my favorite time of year in Pennsylvania. I am and always will be a water girl. Summers in Maryland revive me. The beach will be my home in a few years.  Maybe it is my Aquarius sign or being raised with a pool as a summertime babysitter, but water calms me. Still, I find that no matter what the weather I prefer to be outside and feel happiest when I have fresh air and sunshine. That is until my hometown was transplanted to Siberia! I know it is winter and I know it should be cold, but this last month has been down right ridiculous. My trusty little weather App tells me it is currently 7° Out and feels like -3°! 
     I go to work. I come home. I hibernate. I am pretty sure I have gained 20 lbs in one month. Yes, I know the gym is indoors and perfectly accessible but I swear my desire to get healthy is directly related to sunshine! Therefore my hibernation has caused a severe lack of motivation. It does not hurt that I am bundled under 7 layers most days so who can tell if I gained a few pounds!  As I type this curiosity got the best of me and I stepped cautiously on the scale. Officially I have only gained 12 lbs since Thanksgiving. This is my official start of the holiday season and Mardi Gras my official end.  My body health on the other hand says something very different. I have even broke down and actually purchased insurance due to the steady decline in my health! I do not go to doctors. I rarely take medication. I believe in preventive maintenance. Take care of your body and it will take care of you. 
     I do have a child to think about. So off to the doctors I will go and figure out if this is just winter blahs affecting my general health or if I need to make some changes in life. Until then I will brave the cold get my growing backside into the gym and do a new juice cleanse. 
Cheers to green juice, green grass, blue sky's and warmer days ahead. 

-3° SMDH

No comments:

Post a Comment